Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

..............As a Teacher

HAPPINESS...

"It doesn't matter how long we may have been stuck in a sense of our limitations. If we go into a darkened room and turn on the light, it doesn't matter if the room has been dark for a day, a week, or ten thousand years -- we turn on the light and it is illuminated. Once we control our capacity for love and happiness, the light has been turned on."
- Sharon Salzberg


video: bonding with my students

A Teacher's Prayer by James Metcalf

James J. Metcalf


I want to teach my students how--
To live this life on earth,
To face its struggles and its strife
And to improve their worth.

Not just the lesson in a book,
Or how the rivers flow,
But to choose the proper path,
Wherever they may go.

To understand eternal truth,
And know right from wrong,
And gather all the beauty of
A flower and a song,
For if I help the world to grow
In wisdom and grace,
Then I feel that I have won
And I have filled my place.
And so I ask your guidance, God
That I may do my part,
For character and confidence
And happiness of heart.

(written by me:July 10, 2010) published in newspaper
================================
BALLAD OF THE EVOLVING TEACHER
Thoughts for teachers
(narrated by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment